Volunteers Beti Wyn and Chris making chutney
The whole Cletwr project depends on the support of a large team of volunteers who help to keep our costs low and ensure that we can offer an excellent shop, caffi and range of services for the community.
But keeping costs down isn't the only reason people volunteer (and we currently have over 50 people regularly helping out). They do it for many reasons:
● helping keep the community alive
● getting out of the house and meeting people
● keeping the mind active in retirement
● making new friends
● getting off the Playstation for a few hours (honest! That's a comment from one of our young volunteers)
● learning new skills or polishing old skills
● It can be tiring at times, but it's a lot of fun.
We have volunteers of all ages, from 13 up to mind-your-own-business! We have a very wide range of tasks that need doing, occasionally and regularly, including serving and stocking shelves in the shop, serving and waiting in the caffi (including full training in how to make a frothy cappucino), making jams and chutney, serving on the Board, doing painting and DIY, helping organise events, cutting the grass, washing the windows, counting the money and lots more.
So, if you would like to give it a go, please drop in for a chat and find out what we can offer you.
You can download a volunteer application form here.